- July 2018: Special Issue on “Electromagnetic Levitation Microactuators”: We invite you to contribute to the special issue organized by Dr. Kirill Poletkin in Actuators - an open access journal from MDPI.
- September 2017: Belated news from Power MEMS 2017 Organization Committee: The abstract of Mr. Shalati an MSc student in SPA Lab, entitled “Novel concept of a series linear electromagnetic array artificial muscle” (Shalati, R., Poletkin, K. V., Korvink, J. G. and Badilita, V.) has been also accepted for an oral presentation in Power MEMS 2017, Kanazawa, Japan. This is the 3rd out of three SPA contributions, all of them accepted for oral presentation at Power MEMS 2017.
- September 2017: SPA-Lab will be attending 17th International Conference on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications (Power MEMS 2017) with two oral presentations entitled:
• “Pull-in Actuation in Micro-machined Hybrid Contactless Suspension”
Poletkin K. V., Shalati R., Korvink J. G., and Badilita, V.
• “Energy aware 3D micro-machined inductive suspensions with polymer magnetic composite core”
Poletkin K. V., Lu Z., Moazenzadeh A., Mariappan G. S., Korvink J. G., Wallrabe U. and Badilita V.
PowerMEMS2017 is to take place on November 14 - 17, 2017, in Kanazawa, Japan. Mr. Shalati (Master student at SPA-Lab) and Dr. Badilita will be delivering the presentations.
- June 2017: Shyamsundar Adhikari, a Ph.D. student in the Spin and Photon Applications group was awarded with the Jeol poster prize at the Euromar conference 2017 in Warsaw for his poster entitled “On-chip capacitors for MACS NMR detectors”. Jeol poster prize is given to the top 3 posters in the conference.
- June 2017: Shyamsundar Adhikari, a Ph.D. student in the Spin and Photon Applications group was awarded with the student stipend from the Euromar 2017 conference committee to attend the conference in Warsaw.
- SPA-Lab will be represented by Dr. Kirill Poletkin at the TRANSDUCERS 2017 Conference in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, with the oral presentation entitled “A Qualitative Technique to Study Stability and Dynamics of Micromachined Inductive Contactless Suspensions”. This work is a collaboration with Prof. Ulrike Wallrabe at the Chair of Microactuators at IMTEK, University of Freiburg.
- Mr. Mohammad Abdo will give a presentation during the SPIE Photonics West conference in San Francisco, CA, on 31 Jan, 2017 with the title “Automatic correction of diffraction pattern shift in a pushbroom hyperspectral imager with a piezoelectric internal line-scanning unit”.