- Our work on the clean up of oil spills is highlighted in a Physics World podcast with Claudia Zeiger.
- Our recent article on the possible improvement of thin solar cells is highlighted in several German (see, e.g., FAZ, VDI) and international (see, e.g., Phys.org, TheVerge, Popularmechanics) media.
- Together with the Hector-Seminar KIT made nice video on the topic of the PhD thesis of Claudia. You'll find the very nice result on Youtube.
- A press release of KIT presents our research on oil spill clean-ups with aquatic ferns and got some media coverage.
- The study on tailored AFM tips is described in a press release of the KIT (2016) and obtained media coverage in Chemical & Engineering News.
- Our research on biomimetic nano- and microstructures is described in a podcast of "Welt der Physik" (in German). Please follow this link to listen to it.
- The article on drag reduction by Maryna Kavalenka et al. is described in the Nanotechnology Spotlight of Nanowerk.
- Article on Glasswings butterflies by Radwanul H. Siddique et al. featured in Nature Nanotechnology 10, 484 (2015)
- Article on continuously tunable organic DFB lasers by Senta Schauer et al. is highlighted in Spotlight on Optics (April 2015)
- Nature: Low-reflection Wings Make Butterflies Nearly Invisible, Press release of the KIT (2015)
- KIT Radio interview on our research on artificial Gecko-type structures broadcasted November 27, 2014. Direct link to the interview
- Optics in Nature shown at the SPIE Conference 2014 in San Diego by Radwanul Hassan Siddique (2014)
- Geckofuß steht Modell für perfektes Klebeband, Information der Helmholtz Gemeinschaft (2014)
- Kleben wie ein Gecko: selbstreinigend und haftsicher, Pressemitteilung des KIT (2014)
- Dr. Julia Syurik supported by the Helmholtz Postdoc Programme, News of KIT (2013)
- Radwanul Siddique presents his research on butterflies in a Russian TV show (2013)
- Nanopelz im Kampf gegen die Ölpest, Neuland, KIT Innovation (2013)
- Gecko-Mimicking Surfaces, Nanoscribe GmbH (2013)
In the News
Some of our activities were advertised in press releases and got some media coverage.