In the framework of the Master Thesis, the student will be involved in the study and simulation of a mechanical interaction between magnetic nano-particles and designed gradient micro-coils in order to perform and localize the controlled polishing process.
Main objectives are:
- Designing, modelling and simulation of magnetic gradient generated by micro-coils (considering geometry and shape effect of the coils);
- Study and simulation of the electro-mechanical interactions between the local magnetic gradient and magnetic nano-particles;
- Demonstrate a suitable micro-coil design able to perform a localized polishing process.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Contract duration: 6 months
An ideal candidate should demonstrate the following knowledge and skills:
- background in electro-magnetic systems;
- experiences in using FEM tools – COMSOL, ANSYS etc;
- to be familiar with computer-aided systems (CAD) –SolidWorks.