Introduction to Microsystem Technology - Practical Course
- Type: Practical Course
- Chair: Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Semester: WS 22/23
IMT-Labore, Campus Nord, Gebäude 307
- Lecturer: Dr. Arndt Last
- SWS: 2
- Lv-No.: 2143875 Practical Course
Termin: in der vorlesungsfreien Zeit
Ort: IMT-Labore, Campus Nord, Gebäude 307
Praktikumstermin in der Woche nach Aschermittwoch, Klausur voraussichtlich am Donnerstag in der Woche danach
Language of instruction: German
Being prepared for the experiments by reading and understanding the experiments description booklet (written in German and English).
Recommendations: Courses Microsystem technology I  and II  are recommended.
Media: Each student gets a link to a pdf-booklet for the preparation of the practical exercise with descriptions of the experiments in time.
- Compulsive preparation for the experiments by reading and understanding the experiments description booklet (written in German and English).
- Micro system technology for engineers, W. Menz und J. Mohr, VCH Verlagsgesellschaft, Weinheim 2005.
- Fundamentals of Microfabrication, M. Madou, CRC Press, Boca Raton 1997
There are two fixed examination dates per year, both Thursdays, in the third complete week in September and the second week after Ash Wednesday in March or April.
Content of teaching
Five different practical exercises in microsystem technological themes per student are offered in groups with max. five students.
Students get an impression of real lab conditions and of research focuses at KIT/IMT.